Effective Date: May 1, 2018
Who we are
This Policy applies to the processing of Personal Information in the context of the publicly available website nk4i.com (collectively, our “Website”) and in connection with its customer, partner, and vendor relationships (“Business Data”).
By accessing and continuing to use the Website or the Software Services you consent to the terms and conditions of our Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, please do not access or continue to use any of our services or otherwise submit your Personal Information.
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.”
Personal Information We May Collect or Receive
Depending on the context in which you interact with us, we may collect or receive the following types of information, including Personal Information, from and about you:
- When you submit requests or post materials or inquiries on our Website (including when registering to inquire about products, services, or purchasing from us), we may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and certain other information required to respond or communicate with you.
- When you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- When you correspond with us via email, we may collect the Personal Information included in your e-mail.
- We may obtain Personal Information from third party business partners such as the contact details of prospects and sale leads from our resellers.
- Any Personal Information you submit in a post, forum, bulletin board, or chat room on our Website will be posted online and can be read, collected, or used by other website visitors of these forums. We are not responsible for third party use of the Personal Information you choose to submit in these discussion groups or forums. We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any content you may post on our Website.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect visitor information. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser. If you have provided your name or other contact information to us via a web form, we are able to link that information back to the cookie. Using cookies makes it possible for us to recognize your browser when you visit and to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. This information may also be used to provide you with information that we believe to be relevant to you based on your actions on our Website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We may collect Personal Information from our existing and prospective Customers, vendors, and partners:
- When Customers register to shop or use Software Services (and related services, such as training and customer support), we require them to provide us with contact information (such as name, phone number, and e-mail address). They may voluntary decide to communicate additional Personal Information (such as address, fax number, and additional personal information). We will use the email address provided during the registration process to generate a username and temporary password for Customers. Customers will be invited to log-in to change their password.
- We collect information about Customers’ use of the Software Services including logging generated by the users actions in system logs.
- With Customers’ consent, we may post Customers’ testimonials, which may include Personal Information such as their name, on the Website.
- Customers contact details to send them information about our products or services.
- Personal Information of Vendors’ and Partners’ Employees as provided by Vendors or Partners for purposes of the vendor’s services or in furtherance of the relevant partner relationship.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, in the following ways:
- We use data we collect to provide the Website and Software Services that we offer. This includes operating, maintain, and providing you with all the content and features of the Website and Software Services.
- To inform you about our products and services, including to send you marketing promotions.
- To diagnose and resolve issues with and otherwise improve our Website or Software Services.
- To protect the security of our services, employees and users, detect and prevent fraud, and to resolve disputes.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies of our Website and Software Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements between you and us.
- To understand usage patterns on the Website and Software Services.
- To set up the Software Services for individuals and their organizations.
- In connection with prospective service engagements, partnerships or vendor relationships.
- Comments or posts in discussion forums may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How We May Share Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries as necessary to provide our products and services.
- To our service providers in support of our business. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your Personal Information except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
- To an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties or unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing.
Your Rights and Choices
We seek to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us.
- Marketing communications. If you do not wish to receive e-mail marketing communication from us, you can opt-out by contacting us using the methods described in the How To Contact Us section. You can also unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications by following the instructions contained in the marketing messages you receive. Even if you opt-out or unsubscribe, we can send you certain communications relating to the Service, such as administrative messages that are considered part of your account membership. You cannot opt-out of receiving those messages. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent
- Right of access, deletion, correction of your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below in the how to contact us section.
- Customers account information. You can update, edit or remove your account information at any time by logging into the Website.
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with your Personal Information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of products and services, or provide a service appropriately tailored to you.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We take reasonable steps given the context of the engagement in which data is provided to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed and is not entirely within our control.
Where you receive a password for access to certain parts of our Website or the Software Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal information among several countries where we have employees, facilities or service providers, including the United States, where we are headquartered. By using the Software Services or otherwise providing Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the U.S.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to websites of third parties who: (1) are not affiliated with us; (2) are outside our control; or (3) are not covered by this Policy (“Third-Party Websites”). Links provided to Third-Party Websites on our Website are provided only as a convenience to you. The inclusion of any link does not imply its reliability or an endorsement by us of the content or security. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Third-Party Websites, which may collect and use information from you in a manner different than how we do so. Accordingly, the use of such Third-Party Websites is entirely at your own risk. For relevant information, you should review the privacy statements or policies of any Third-Party Websites before using them. Other parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site or Services.
Changes to Our Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently to see when the Policy was last revised. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on our Website or via the Software Services. Your continued use of the Website or Software Services is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
This Site is not designed to collect Personal Information from children who are under 13 years of age. We do not intend to or knowingly collect such information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Do Not Track Disclosures
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy, the Website or the Software Services, would like to opt out from certain service, or to exercise your rights, contact us at privacy@NK4I.com.