I ordered my Elecraft KX3 on Jan 1, 2013.  It shipped on Jan 2, 2013 and I'm expecting delivery on Jan 9.

I ordered:

KX3-K
MH3
KX3-PCKT
KXFL3
KXAT3
KXPD3
KXBC3

Should be a pretty complete rig and very functional.  I wanted something that I could use portable for camping and maybe a little SOTA work.

There are lots of documented KX3 builds out there.  I'll use this to give my take on building the kit and getting it operational.

Well, the PFR-3 still isn't finished.  It's almost done, just lacking a couple of components and final assembly.  Maybe I can get back to it this winter.

I've been a little distracted with family activities and my new Dillon 650XL.  But, it's time to finish this project up so I can do a little portable operating over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

I'm up to winding the torroids.  Hopefully I'll get that done tonight and can test that section.

Here's a picture of where the board sits today.  Most of the soldering has been rather easy compared to what I was expecting.  It hasn't really been any more difficult than the other small kits I've built.

PFR-3 Board Mid-Build

The only potential problems I've noticed so far have been that the paddle and headphone jacks don't sit exactly square to the board.  I worked on them a bit, and it's better, but not perfect.  we'll see what happens when I go to plug the W5JH BBW in.  I fully expect to rework the jacks.

The Hendricks PFR-3 kit arrived in the mail yesterday.  That was about 1 week from order to delivery, which is great.

I did the initial sorting of parts this evening (similar looking things go together).  I'll do a thorough inventory and get started with the build.  Hopefully I can dedicate a little time each evening and get it done.